It's the most wonderful time of the year! A time to spend with family and friends. Amid the joy and merriment we tend to get quite busy. Instead of another wish list for Christmas I am sharing my favorite things of the season, a short-cut to buying local and living well.
Paige's Favorite Things
1. Our favorite family activity is finding a Christmas Tree each year. The day is filled with laughter and love, something we all need. For the best selection try the Carolina Christmas Tree Lot next to The Birmingham Zoo.
2. The Homewood Star Lighting is a great way to kick off the Christmas season. We have so many great family memories from this event because it is also my daughter's birthday. Head to 18th Street on December 2 at 5:30 for the annual lighting of The Star.
3. We love Christmas music at the shop and Sara Evans' At Christmas album puts us in a festive mood. She will be performing at the Alabama Theatre on December 2 at 7pm for a special holiday concert!
4. For an instant Christmas feeling I light the Fresh Balsam Candle from Bath & Body Works. A great gift item for friends and neighbors.
6. Our home fills up at the holidays so I love to have easy meals ready to go. Chicken enchiladas from What's 4 Supper at Edgewood Catering Company is a crowd pleaser.
7. My go to winter arrangement is anything with Ilex berry branches. Mix with peonies or tulips to add a soft touch.
8. My fitness regime is nothing without the motivation I find at Studio G Pilates by Genevieve. Try the Piloxing class, Pilates & Boxing, you will love it!
9. I like to savor the season by having brunch with old friends at Over Easy. Some quality girl time can ease most holiday stress.
10. The holidays should also be know as picture season so I like to get photo ready by booking an appointment at Click Salon with Karen Free. This year I am channeling Charlize Theron's look.
11. There is nothing like getting a pedicure from Genesis Nail Spa to relax after a long week. I am currently loving all things red.
12. A great gift for every girl is a little box of something sparkly under the tree. Try The Hill Collection at Hen House Antiques for European Vintage Jewelry, Wallace-Burke, or Steeds Jewelers for unique finds to cherish.
13. It doesn't feel like the holidays without dinner with the family at Chez Fonfon. It is the perfect spot for a friendly game of boule in the beautiful courtyard and fantastic food courtesy of award winning chef Frank Stitt.
14. December is not complete without a new pair of boots and I love the unique styles I find on Yoox.com.
15. During the holidays we are especially motivated by sales and my favorite spot for designer deals is The Runway at TJ Maxx.
16. I love to shop for friends and family to find them something special but it can feel like a race at times to get it all done. While I am out shopping I like to grab a plain cheeseburger at Hamburger Heaven for a quick recharge; a happy shopper is a smart shopper!
17. We are in the season of giving and outside of our church we like to give back to two other local charities. While you are out shopping remember to bring some change along to support The Salvation Army by looking for Bell Ringers or consider donating to First Light Shelter for homeless women and children.
Wishing you and yours a wonderful holiday season! Stop by and see us this month, we would love to help make your home holiday ready.
Check out my favorite things on our Pinterest page along with much more about 18th Street Orientals.